Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
White Sands National Park is one of my favorite places to shoot, because there is just so much you can do creatively. The gypsum sand dunes stretch endlessly before you, creating interesting shapes and textures. It's also easy to get lost in them. I took a trip out there one July, and hiked around for hours. I found this lone cottonwood tree in the middle of nowhere among the dunes and used it as a landmark to orient myself. I sat in its shade on hot afternoons. It felt like a friend, and I couldn't leave without taking a photo of my beautiful friend under pink sunset skies. I was so far away when I took this that it looks like a wide angle shot, but its actually shot at 300mm. I loved the way the clouds mirrored the shapes of the dunes.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor