Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The magnificent tufas of Mono Lake in the Eastern Sierra Region of California. I visit often but this capture was special. No idea what the formal name for this one is but I call it Battleship Tufa.
The tufas are made of calcium carbonate formed by fresh water interacting with alkaline lake water. Mono Lake is one of the oldest lakes in the North America. The lake was dying as it has no outlet, and water that previously fed the basin was diverted to Los Angeles. However, recent restoration efforts have brought the lake up to natural levels. It truly is a wonder to see.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor