It’s late September and I am in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, hoping to capture some amazing images of the incredible natural landscapes that can be found here. I wake up one morning to the sound of thunder, the unmistakable sign of an incoming storm. I check the weather forecast on my phone. The day doesn’t look promising. My level of enthusiasm drops immediately.
But then I remember that patience usually pays big dividends when it comes to landscape photography. I head out for the day, hoping for the best. The rains come quickly and steadily. The mountains, of which this area is famous for, are nowhere to be seen. I check the weather app on my phone. It says there is a chance that the storm will pass later in the day. I tell myself that this day could end being fruitful, as a clearing storm usually produces some great cloud formations and interesting light.
Early evening approaches, and the sky shows some signs of changing light. The clouds start to part, and as I like to say, “the mountains are out”. This is what we landscape photographers live for. The perfect combination of foreground, background and sky. Patience truly does pay off.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor