Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
It’s late September and I am in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, hoping to capture some amazing images of the incredible natural landscapes that can be found here. I wake up one morning to the sound of thunder, the unmistakable sign of an incoming storm. I check the weather forecast on my phone. The day doesn’t look promising. My level of enthusiasm drops immediately.
But then I remember that patience usually pays big dividends when it comes to landscape photography. I head out for the day, hoping for the best. The rains come quickly and steadily. The mountains, of which this area is famous for, are nowhere to be seen. I check the weather app on my phone. It says there is a chance that the storm will pass later in the day. I tell myself that this day could end being fruitful, as a clearing storm usually produces some great cloud formations and interesting light.
Early evening approaches, and the sky shows some signs of changing light. The clouds start to part, and as I like to say, “the mountains are out”. This is what we landscape photographers live for. The perfect combination of foreground, background and sky. Patience truly does pay off.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor