Last Thanksgiving, I spent a delightful four days in Yosemite, enjoying this magnificent place and all that it has to offer. On our last full day in the park, we wanted to explore/hike outside the valley and then come back in time for sunset at Tunnel View.
We drove through the Wawona Tunnel and headed south to visit Mariposa Grove to walk among the Giant Sequoias. We had a beautiful day out and thoroughly enjoyed our outing, but it took a lot longer than expected to complete our tour as due to COVID, the shuttles weren't running, so we had to hike the ~1.5 miles (one way) along the Washburn Trail - and back down again - after our loop of the grove.
As we headed back towards Yosemite Valley, the sun was already beginning to set, and I thought that we'd missed any chance of parking at Tunnel View, let alone getting an image. Much to my surprise, we managed to find the last parking spot, and I got this lovely image of the moon rising behind Half Dome. Within a few minutes of arriving, the light had gone, and it was time to leave the park and head home.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor