This is the view you get looking south at dawn as you enter Banff National Park near the junction of Highway 1 and Highway 93 at the far west reaches of the park, shot on an 830nm infrared converted Nikon Z5.
That little bulge of rock at centre right that looks a little like a small, belching volcano is, in reality, just a feature of the mountainside with a prominent puff of cloud which Mother Nature conveniently placed so she could show off.
I was thrilled to be in the right place at the right time to capture it. There is no better place in the country to be on a hazy morning with light and rock and snow all around; a veritable wonderland for the eye (and the camera!)
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor