Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
A trip to Machu Picchu is certainly a photographer's dream, one that I have been lucky enough to enjoy. It is possible to spend the night at a hotel on the property and thereby enjoy all hours of daylight and starlight for photography. The stone structures, built by the Incas, sit well up in the mountains. Spectacular vistas are at every turn.
So, after many hours of capturing epic vistas, I began to explore more intimate details of the Citadel. The light was growing long in the afternoon and the shadows began to bring out the geometric shapes constructed by the Incas almost 600 years ago. This structure is part of a residential section of the ruins. The terraced pattern of triangular entryways was lit by the sun with the building's facia left in shadow. While this image is not overly busy in color, it begs for a black and white presentation to emphasize the patchwork of light and shadow, the repeated shapes, and the stone textures.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor