Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In late October 2018, I was hiking on a trail near Mount Sourire in the St-Donat de Montcalm region. The previous night had been very cold; a taste of the coming winter. The waterfalls of the stream spray droplets of water onto nearby branches which quickly freeze, and their accumulation creates intriguing and photogenic ice formations. As we say in photography “follow the leading lines “. I was drawn to these particular branches.
As the rocks leading to the branches were icy, it would have been dangerous to get close to my sub-ject. I stood back, installed my tripod, and used a long focal lens (96 mm - 35mm eq) and a polarizing filter. I exposed for 0.6 seconds to retain some texture in the water. Looking at this photograph recalls a fleeting moment enjoying the beauties of our autumn landscapes.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor