The Sea of Cortez near Loreto, Mexico has number of small desert islands that dot the crystal clear water along the coast. Facing east, the coast is ideal for sunrise photography. The best overlooks all seem to be along cliffs at the coast, which means a hike to the top of the cliff in the dark is required. For this shot, I had to place my tripod and camera out along the edge of the cliff and reach out to fire the shutter as there was no place to stand. I was able to see some magnificent pre-dawn color in the sky that painted the sea to match, but in this composition, the first light of the sun brought just enough definition to the cliffs to provide a nice foreground. Some ND filters enabled a long exposure and kept the sunlight under control.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor