Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve covers over 3.3 million acres of coastline, glaciers, temperate rainforest, and mountains in Southeastern Alaska. Much of the park consists of bays, coves, and fjords that are largely accessible only via boat and provide access to several tidewater glaciers and remote backcountry hiking and camping locations.
On this particular day cruise in late June, overcast skies and low-lying clouds produced even, soft light, rich, saturated colors, and calm waters, evoking a sense of serenity and wonder. The juxtaposition of mountain, forest, and sea provides a photographer unlimited landscape composition potential and wildlife subjects such as bears, mountain goats, sea lions, harbor seals, and humpback whales. Constant changing weather rolling in off the Pacific Ocean ensures that any day is a good photography day.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor