Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve covers over 3.3 million acres of coastline, glaciers, temperate rainforest, and mountains in Southeastern Alaska. Much of the park consists of bays, coves, and fjords that are largely accessible only via boat and provide access to several tidewater glaciers and remote backcountry hiking and camping locations.
On this particular day cruise in late June, overcast skies and low-lying clouds produced even, soft light, rich, saturated colors, and calm waters, evoking a sense of serenity and wonder. The juxtaposition of mountain, forest, and sea provides a photographer unlimited landscape composition potential and wildlife subjects such as bears, mountain goats, sea lions, harbor seals, and humpback whales. Constant changing weather rolling in off the Pacific Ocean ensures that any day is a good photography day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor