Reflection Lake, on the south side of Mount Rainier, is a go-to location year round, both day and night. Closed for part of the winter due to snow, the roads to the lake open around May or June, before closing for the winter season in November. I usually visit the lake during the night-time, on one of my overnight circuits of the park as usually, there's not a soul to be seen (it gets incredibly busy during summer days). During a full or near-full moon, the mountain can be captured reflected in a still lake along with stars in a blue night-time sky. On this particular occasion, I visited during a calm day in the fall to find the various heathers and shrubs that can be found on the northern shore to be in full color, with a beautifully clear reflection.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor