During a snowshoe trek with my camera at St-Donat-de-Montcalm, Quebec, Canada, I was hunting for shapes, curves, shadows, textures, and patterns. At this location, my attention was captured by the snow’s texture: its purity and the ice crystals floating on that magic carpet. The leading lines created by the tree’s shadows also impressed me. In that environment, I learned to expose to the right (ETTR). The many aspects of snow define for me the beauty of winter. In late afternoon, shadows are more vigorous.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor