This year's autumn is very warm and draughty – no rain, fog, and insufficient water in rivers. Even at the end of October, the night temperatures didn't drop under 10 degrees.
A fellow photographer and I decided to try our luck deep in the mountains. We travelled to the small town of Karlovo and got to a path at the end of the city.
The path climbs the Central Balkan around the bed of the Stara Reka River and enters the Stara Reka Reserve. At the beginning of the path, the signs of autumn were slightly viewable, but when we got over 1000m above sea level, the colours were better.
We spent two days there, spending the night with a group of tourists in a high hut. The second day, when we began to climb down, we took some pictures around the river in the morning when the light was better.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor