This image was taken at sunrise in Boomer, West Virginia, US, in November 2021. Kanawha River is a tributary of the Ohio River, approximately 97 mi (156 km) long. Boomer is a little town on the river, and we spent a long weekend there.
Last year's foliage lasted longer, and we enjoyed our stay in the area. The photo was taken from a small dock in front of our rented property. The most challenging aspect of this image was related to the dock being unstable, so I had to find a good compromise for the shutter speed.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor