Early in the morning of mid-October, 2015, I was hiking up a trail to leading to a viewpoint dominating the St-Donat de Montcalm region. Well worth the effort, I arrived at the viewpoint and was amazed by the vast carpet of colour intertwined with multiple small lakes, set off by the mountains in the background.
The boreal forest has a vast variety of species offering marvellous colours. Once again it paid off to get up early and get to the viewpoint. This magical period in autumn does not last long. As soon as the weather gets cooler, the rain starts accompanied by strong winds. Winter is coming, the oranges, reds and golds disappear, and we dream of next year!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor