Early in the morning of mid-October, 2015, I was hiking up a trail to leading to a viewpoint dominating the St-Donat de Montcalm region. Well worth the effort, I arrived at the viewpoint and was amazed by the vast carpet of colour intertwined with multiple small lakes, set off by the mountains in the background.
The boreal forest has a vast variety of species offering marvellous colours. Once again it paid off to get up early and get to the viewpoint. This magical period in autumn does not last long. As soon as the weather gets cooler, the rain starts accompanied by strong winds. Winter is coming, the oranges, reds and golds disappear, and we dream of next year!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor