I was just visiting this area, Waimarama Beach in Hawkes Bay for the first time a few weeks ago and was challenged to see if i could produce anything decent from the North Island of New Zealand as easily as i apparently could from the South Island where I live. Happy to take up the challenge!
This particular morning we had no expectations for an amazing sunrise and so "settled" for this rather more lack lustre show. However, I rather enjoyed this more. Although I dont normally like to chase the gaudy colours but the lovely soft, warm light just after the sun is up.
I dont often sell the bright colours and thats why I love to shoot and see what I can do with the more sedate, relatively uneventful and even flat light. This particular morning was no different. I love the placement of Bare Island dead centre between the two rows of rocks in order for this composition to work and a slow shutter to smooth out the water a tad! No filter, just the lack of light!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor