I have visited this famous tree many times - the Milarrochy Bay oak tree - but never had the right combination of conditions until now. The water level was high, surrounding the tree, which often stands on a beach. The sun was setting, and the colours were perfect.
I deliberately chose a long exposure to emphasise the tree and turn the water and sky into a dreamy blur, and I think it worked quite nicely! I know that long exposures can split opinions, and I think they should be used sparingly, but it was quite deliberate in this case.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor