In September of 2017, we were doing our first leg (450 km) of the Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle in France. For such an endeavor, minimizing luggage weight is paramount, so I limited my photography equipment to one camera, 2 lenses, and a few memory cards. In 35 mm terms, I carried a 24-200 mm F4 lens and a 50 mm F1.4. Portability is one of the reasons I love my micro Four Thirds gear.
One day, walking the trail and arriving near the river I was surprised by the lovely view through the brick and mortar supporting arch of the bridge. Looking at the reflections and the subtle color contrasts through this frame, I felt I had an intimate glimpse of the scene.
Hiking the famous Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle is not only good exercise, it offers great op-portunities each day to take marvelous photos and meet happy people who have come from all around the world, and to sample and experience the amazing French culture and scenery.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor