In September of 2017, we were doing our first leg (450 km) of the Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle in France. For such an endeavor, minimizing luggage weight is paramount, so I limited my photography equipment to one camera, 2 lenses, and a few memory cards. In 35 mm terms, I carried a 24-200 mm F4 lens and a 50 mm F1.4. Portability is one of the reasons I love my micro Four Thirds gear.
One day, walking the trail and arriving near the river I was surprised by the lovely view through the brick and mortar supporting arch of the bridge. Looking at the reflections and the subtle color contrasts through this frame, I felt I had an intimate glimpse of the scene.
Hiking the famous Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle is not only good exercise, it offers great op-portunities each day to take marvelous photos and meet happy people who have come from all around the world, and to sample and experience the amazing French culture and scenery.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor