TAKE PART • WIN $100
In April of 2018, my wife and I decided to go all out, and booked a two week, professionally led photography tour of Patagonia. The route started in south central Chile, passed into Argentina, and then back to Chile at Torres del Paine National Park. It being fall there at the time, we were expecting to see some great color in the trees.
The first two days were quite pleasant, but then it turned very rainy and grey. We lost several days of shooting gorgeous mountains due to the rain and clouds that totally obscured the view. Sometimes we would find a waterfall or river as an alternative, plus a lot of guanacos, and we did get a couple of rainbows.
As if that was not enough, in the middle of the trip the main vehicle broke down. We lost another full day in a nowhere tiny town waiting for alternative transportation. Even when we were moving again, there were still the low clouds and rain.
The weather started to improve a little as we approached Torres del Paine. The night before we were going to explore the park, we stayed at rooms on a sheep ranch. The next morning, we got up early to see if a good sunrise might develop. We drove up a hill from the house, and through a gate to give a little view out over the landscape. Soon the light started to build, and warm sun lit up the sky and mountains in the distance. It was one of the nicer scenes on our trip.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor