In July of 2016, I spent two weeks hiking in the gorgeous Dolomites. To ensure that I would not miss a photo and to avoid wasting time in changing lenses, I carried two camera bodies, one with a 24 to 80 mm lens and the other with an 80 to 300 mm lens (35 mm equivalent). The light weight and small size of Micro 4/3 gear is advantageous in such circumstances. One day my attention was caught by the big soft colored mountain in the background framed by steep mountain diagonals in the foreground to-gether with amazing color contrasts. A truly beautiful scene topped by gorgeous clouds. So, I used my telephoto lens at 212 mm (35 mm eq.) to compose the image. I overexposed by a full stop to have a perfect histogram (ettr). Even while hiking, taking time to compose images with the appropriate gear yields the intended results.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor