I am fortunate to live in Wisconsin with the many wonderful and varied landscape photographic opportunities available throughout the state. There are wonderful photographic opportunities all year long, but the fall season is hard to beat.
Even though I have been photographing with my drone for over four years now, I am still totally surprised at what I sometimes unexpectedly see from this vantage point. On this morning, I got out reasonably early on what first appeared to be a very hazy morning, and I intended to see how much fall color remained near my home. It is late in the autumn season here; all the reds are now turned brown, and the leaves are falling fast, but there are remaining pockets where aspen and poplar trees are still reluctant to give up their golden leaves.
From my home, where I launched from, no mist or fog was in sight, at least from ground level. But when I flew up just a little way and could see beyond the trees around my house, I immediately saw ground fog lying in all the low areas as far as I could see. Oh yes, I also noticed clumps of yellow aspens standing above the fog, prompting me to get busy and look for compositions that brought these two elements together. The fog was rapidly dissipating as I watched, so I just got to the tail end of the show, but I am still pleased with this one.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor