Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Shooting in Yellowstone NP is always an amazing experience and too often most folks are caught up in the grand landscapes and geysers. This visit was my 3rd to the park and I had had my fill of the typical shots, so I adjusted my vision and was on the lookout for more unique images from the park.
On this particular morning, the sky was overcast and we were near Yellowstone lake walking through a thermal area. Since they keep you on the boardwalks for your safety and the preservation of the surrounding landscapes, my choices of composition were a bit limited. However, as I was walking past one thermal pool, I looked down and was transfixed by the layers of material and the color bands each layer represented. I set up my tripod on the boardwalk, aimed my camera down at the edge of the pool and took several images.
I spent a fair amount of time adjusting the positioning of the camera to get the frames of the ripples in the layers just right. Once I returned home, I applied a small amount of post processing to make the image pop. Its been one of my all time favorites ever since i first captured it.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor