I took this photo about 3 years ago at Cedar Bluff Reservoir located in Wilcox, Kansas. It was about a 5 hour drive for me, and I went out there to meet up with a few other photographers. We had chosen this location in hopes of photographing the milky way over the water, however the weather was not cooperating as it was overcast with on and off rain for the whole time we were there, so instead of photographing the night sky as we’d hoped, we photographed some interesting landscapes around the reservoir. There were several dead trees in the reservoir, and I liked the look of the trees reflecting in the water. I had a vision of creating an abstract photo with the trees reflecting in the water. I took and later edited it in Photoshop to make the image more abstract by blurring the tree branches and the reflections in the water. This image was not too difficult to capture and the overcast sky provided a nice even lighting situation. Even though we didn’t photograph the night sky as we had hoped to, there were still many interesting photo opportunities around this reservoir, and I would recommend visiting in early Spring.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor