Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This photograph portrays an incredible and surprising rainbow over the city of Vercelli in Piedmont in the first day after a summer storm at dawn. The loud noises of thunder woke me up so I took the opportunity to photograph this beautiful colored arch in the sky that seems to embrace the capital city of rice.
The beauty of this natural phenomenon was unfortunately a sign of profound pain; that morning in fact I was warned of the sudden death of Claretta, a sweet cat from the local feline colony Amico Randagio who had crossed the busy road with much misfortune. Just a week before we were joking together and she was so happy to be cuddled in her arms. The well-known rainbow bridge. There he is. So my thoughts go to Claretta with this image.
I used a Nikon D5200 underexposing with Program mode to make the colors of the arc brighter. It is rare to see such an entire arch from the city center, usually only half of the colors are photographed due to the presence of tall apartment buildings. A fine example of an urban landscape in a city that is not overly large but relatively quiet and very nice to visit.In fact, it is difficult to be lucky enough to be immersed in a natural mountain or sea landscape and seize the moment to photograph the spectacle of the full rainbow. Perhaps more likely to find it from a city angle.And so it was.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor