A sublime winter vision of the beginning of the year in Courmayeur in the hamlet of Entreves in the Aosta Valley, a romantic village that allows a complete view of the Mont Blanc and Aiguille Noire chain.Almost every year I always walk the road that leads from the Courmayeur bus station to the village of Entreves to fully enjoy the view of these mountains which can be photographed from many angles. Surely the landscape is livelier in summer due to the colorful flowers that frame these majestic peaks but nevertheless, even winter has its charm between the whiteness of the snow, the cold and the warmth of the sun, which restore strength and vigor to the body and tired limbs.
This photograph in my opinion gives a winter vision of peace in deep solitude with this bare branch in the foreground. I used a Nikon D5200 with a Nikkor 18-55mm Program mode lens to accentuate the deep blue of the sky above the mountains with slight underexposure.
Courmayeur in itself does not offer all this perspective as it is more of a mountain town. On the other hand, I prefer direct contact with majestic and imposing peaks such as Mont Blanc. I want to feel my beloved mountains close to you. Entries are located at the confluence of the two valleys that branch off from Courmayeur: Val Veny and Val Ferret. A village with ancient and wonderfully built houses for an even more beautiful view of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille Noire.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor