A sublime winter vision of the beginning of the year in Courmayeur in the hamlet of Entreves in the Aosta Valley, a romantic village that allows a complete view of the Mont Blanc and Aiguille Noire chain.Almost every year I always walk the road that leads from the Courmayeur bus station to the village of Entreves to fully enjoy the view of these mountains which can be photographed from many angles. Surely the landscape is livelier in summer due to the colorful flowers that frame these majestic peaks but nevertheless, even winter has its charm between the whiteness of the snow, the cold and the warmth of the sun, which restore strength and vigor to the body and tired limbs.
This photograph in my opinion gives a winter vision of peace in deep solitude with this bare branch in the foreground. I used a Nikon D5200 with a Nikkor 18-55mm Program mode lens to accentuate the deep blue of the sky above the mountains with slight underexposure.
Courmayeur in itself does not offer all this perspective as it is more of a mountain town. On the other hand, I prefer direct contact with majestic and imposing peaks such as Mont Blanc. I want to feel my beloved mountains close to you. Entries are located at the confluence of the two valleys that branch off from Courmayeur: Val Veny and Val Ferret. A village with ancient and wonderfully built houses for an even more beautiful view of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille Noire.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor