This landscape deals with Maen Lake placed in Valtournenche, Valle d’Aosta Italy. I captured this scene from above, from Barmasse hamlet last year. The village of Maen belongs to the municipality of Valtournenche. This lake is an artificial dam lake due to human activity. Around this lake it is possible to practice Nordic walking activities. It offers sweeping views for both landscapes and macro photography. In winter it is completely frozen and it is therefore advisable to capture it from above to capture romantic and harmonious details such as the branches of trees totally covered in snow as you can see from this photograph. For this reason I went with the help of a self-driving and trusted friend (Adele Mander) to the hamlet above, which owes its fame to a local sculptor, Giangiuseppe Barmasse; from this place you can catch a wide view of the lake of Maen in its immense brightness.
I was actually very satisfied with the light I found. A cloudy day with the sun appearing at times so I chose the Program mode with an underexposure at -0.7 ideal for a candid winter vision. Maen is not difficult to photograph, indeed. It is enough to stop in points that offer not only a wide panorama but also deep contemplation only in this way, thanks to one's sensitivity, one can grasp details that give great peace to the soul. I also recommend placing yourself on the right side of the lake to capture the background of the town of Valtournenche, a perfect view.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor