TAKE PART • WIN $100
Here is an image I captured earlier this month while in Mount Rainier for my first time. My buddies Jesse, Ben, Tyler, Ray, and a few others decided we were all going to hike up to what I thought was a wild flower meadow of epic proportions. I realized after we arrived at the top that it was in fact NOT a meadow of wildflowers but a partially frozen tarn.
After bushwhacking and hiking vertically off trail sometimes using my hands, I set out to find a composition, like a dog on a hunt. But being someone who has not much interest in tarns, I doubled back down a few hundred feet to a patch of Lupine and fuzzy, seed stage Pasque flowers, or as I like to call them, Yoda heads.
The light and lenticular clouds made for a very special memory for me. It was to be the best light of a 7 day trip, with almost 40 miles hiked and very, very little sleep.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor