This picture was taken from Artist Point during the evening hours of June 30th 2023. Artist Point, with an altitude of 5,100 feet, is located within the Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest of Washington State.
This assignment inspired me to hunt for new pictures. I love snow. The new pictures had to feature very white snow. I knew at this time of the year this was a challenge. I would find pristine snow only at the highest elevations.
The last stretch of Mount Baker Highway to Artist Point was opened on June 27th 2023. Artist Point was my best option.
Once I arrived at Artist Point, I made my way over slushy snow up to Huntoon Point at Artist Ridge. I found a promising, distant ridge for my shoot from this vantage point. During the later hours, it beautifully revealed itself. The lighting of the passing clouds provided a variety of moods. The deep shadows of Mount Baker surrounding my subject made the ridge pop. The shot above is one of the best frames of the shoot.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor