How could I not have noticed this tree? I had scouted this location twice as it provides a fantastic panoramic view to the Swiss Alps, about 50m from where I took this picture. The only thing I would have had to do is turn around 180 degrees. But I must have been so obsessed by the Alps view that I forgot everything around me. When I finally visited this spot in order to take the pano shot I was frustrated by the conditions. While the view was great, the winter air crystal-clear and the sunset promising, the scene lacked something special. Not fully convinced I took the shot, quickly packed up and turned around. And then I saw it. The beautiful tree against the backdrop of the Jura mountain range in gorgeous evening side light. I’m usually not a big fan of clear blue skies but in this case I found it to be a perfect fit to a very clean and simple shot.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor