I spotted this small grove of trees while exploring a local park during a heavy snowfall. I had to hike up a slope to get a vantage point where the trees could be separated from distracting background elements. Shooting slightly down at them allowed me capture their soft shadows on the snow, while having no distractions behind the snowy canopies. The simplicity in the composition and the overall softness makes for a simple image, where subject and background work together to create a peaceful, meditative atmosphere.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor