I spotted this small grove of trees while exploring a local park during a heavy snowfall. I had to hike up a slope to get a vantage point where the trees could be separated from distracting background elements. Shooting slightly down at them allowed me capture their soft shadows on the snow, while having no distractions behind the snowy canopies. The simplicity in the composition and the overall softness makes for a simple image, where subject and background work together to create a peaceful, meditative atmosphere.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor