Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
That morning we had planned to photograph sea birds at Elliston, Newfoundland, Canada. This place is well known for its large population of Atlantic Puffin. What a beautiful bird it is! At around noon, on our way to another planned site, I saw these magnificent wildflowers contrasting with the colors and textures of the shoreline cliffs. I marveled how these flowers could live in a such rugged location. There was no wind. The sea was calm.
I installed my tripod very low and put my wide angle-lens with an ND filter. I exposed to the right (ETTR). It took 60 seconds. The motion effects of the long exposure accentuated the beauty of the sea and the sky. These wildflowers are permanent spectators of this beautiful landscape. During that trip, I had the chance to get close to whales, icebergs, birds, beautiful landscape and shoot them all. I will have to go back.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor