In late July 2019, I went scouting for sunset images in the St-Barthelemy region, searching specifically for compositions showing agricultural fields. This region is roughly a one-hour drive east of Montreal. The fields are flat, wide-open spaces that grow various vegetables and grains. One image of this area has already been published in my LPM portfolio.
To get closer to the fields, I turned onto the Grand St-Jacques rural road, a narrow gravel road used by farmers to get to their fields. I was fascinated by the colours in the sky, so I parked the car on the side of the road, set up my tripod and, using my wide-angle lens and an ND filter, took a 181-second exposure.
This image gave me the feeling that the clouds were following the road! I love my live time feature on my camera, as it reveals the images developing during a long exposure. I always expose my images using the histogram and expose them to the right (ETTR), allowing easier adjustments in post-processing.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor