In late July 2019, I went scouting for sunset images in the St-Barthelemy region, searching specifically for compositions showing agricultural fields. This region is roughly a one-hour drive east of Montreal. The fields are flat, wide-open spaces that grow various vegetables and grains. One image of this area has already been published in my LPM portfolio.
To get closer to the fields, I turned onto the Grand St-Jacques rural road, a narrow gravel road used by farmers to get to their fields. I was fascinated by the colours in the sky, so I parked the car on the side of the road, set up my tripod and, using my wide-angle lens and an ND filter, took a 181-second exposure.
This image gave me the feeling that the clouds were following the road! I love my live time feature on my camera, as it reveals the images developing during a long exposure. I always expose my images using the histogram and expose them to the right (ETTR), allowing easier adjustments in post-processing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor