Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This image was taken at the shore of a small moor lake called "Stierhuebelteich" near the little village Karlstift in Forest Quarter, Lower Austria. It is situated rather close to the Czech border. On this cold and wintry day the lake was frozen and snow-covered. Making use of a telephoto lens (120mm equivalent to full frame) made it possible to achieve a kind of compression effect that fittet in well with this scene in my opinion. The evenly white area at the bottom was chosen deliberately to complement the delicate structures of the reeds and trees.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor