This image was taken at the shore of a small moor lake called "Stierhuebelteich" near the little village Karlstift in Forest Quarter, Lower Austria. It is situated rather close to the Czech border. On this cold and wintry day the lake was frozen and snow-covered. Making use of a telephoto lens (120mm equivalent to full frame) made it possible to achieve a kind of compression effect that fittet in well with this scene in my opinion. The evenly white area at the bottom was chosen deliberately to complement the delicate structures of the reeds and trees.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor