This image was taken at the shore of a small moor lake called "Stierhuebelteich" near the little village Karlstift in Forest Quarter, Lower Austria. It is situated rather close to the Czech border. On this cold and wintry day the lake was frozen and snow-covered. Making use of a telephoto lens (120mm equivalent to full frame) made it possible to achieve a kind of compression effect that fittet in well with this scene in my opinion. The evenly white area at the bottom was chosen deliberately to complement the delicate structures of the reeds and trees.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor