Over the weekend, the waves along southern California have been phenomenal. This photo was taken from Terramar Beach, looking south along the coast.
I was a day late from photographing the big waves, but a leftover storm surge made for a fun morning of shooting surfers and pelicans chasing the waves as they broke along the shoreline.
Living a few miles from the coast, I must take more opportunities when storms and high waves are in the forecast. This winter is predicted to be an El Nino, which means a wet winter for Southern California and more storm/big wave photography opportunities.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor