Upper Butte Creek Falls is a picturesque, 20-foot waterfall in the foothills of the Cascade mountains east of Salem.
I visited during an overcast, dark autumn day with rain threatening. There wasn't much color near the waterfall, so I arranged a couple of the huge maple leaves on a rock.
This is a focus stack for the foreground and background. I was wearing my water shoes and got very cold standing in the water to capture this picture.
Since this visit, I have longed to return, but unfortunately, the area has been closed since the Beachie Creek fire of 2020 burned through the area.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor