A few years ago, in late December, I was having dinner with friends at Lake Ouareau. Suddenly I saw the moon rising slowly over the mountain on the other side of the lake. Quickly I put on my warm jacket and mitts and took out my equipment to capture this wonderful scene.
I set up my tripod and long focal lens near the lake shoreline. I was struck by the cloud textures, the white fog near the ground, the light reflecting on the trees and the layers of subtle colour variation. Looking at the sky, I saw waves! All this beauty on a frozen white lake.
I used a 400mm focal length (35mm equivalent to frame the image). I realized that I, as a photographer, should always be ready to grab my equipment and take advantage of what nature has to offer!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor