Queen of Lapland, that is what the locals call Mount Akka. She makes up beautiful scenery in Stora Sjofallet National Park in Swedish Lapland.
This is my favourite place to photograph. No matter the time of the year, this is THE place. Mount Akka is always covered with snow, no matter what time of year you visit. But it is not often you can see her like this. Of course, clouds, fog and harsh weather conditions can make it difficult. But that evening, wow, what an evening we had.
My wife and I just came down from a hike along Kungsleden, and we said we have to go further into the mountains to take some photos. It is straightforward to access, with a road taking us along the Lule River up to Akkajaure. Since this was in July, the sun was up all night, giving us the beautiful light we wanted. The challenge was the mosquitos, billions of blood-sucking creatures. But was it worth it, or what do you think?
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor