This is a long-exposure black and white image of a torii in Shosanbetsu, Hokkaido, Japan. This image is very unique for it was taken during the winter of 2019. It was very tough going to Shosanbetsu from Biei the first we visited the shrine in winter. We had to drive more than 10 hours (two-way) on a freezing coastal road where the wind was blowing 40 mph. From the parking, we had to walk on waist-deep snow to reach the gate. The sky was full of clouds and the scene was devoid of color except the red torii but it was all worth it. This is one of the the few torii in Japan that freeze during winter time. I was very lucky to witness and capture it partly covered in ice.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor