TAKE PART • WIN $100
To get to the Upper Falls waterfall on Big Run River is a bit an adventure in itself. First need to go into the mountains to the small town of Thomas in West Virginia. From there you take a Rt 72 toward Parsons West Virginia. About half way to Parsons you turn off on dirt road going to an old fire tower. The dirt road is usually in good condition but couple miles in you turn left onto a dirt road that is more like a trail. If you don't have a four wheel drive and high clearance you need to turn around and go back.
About 5 miles on this road there is a picnic table someone hauled back into the woods. This is where you park and start walking. Walk about one mile until you come to bank of the Big Run River. You climb about 30 yards down a bank holding onto branches and roots. Slid down the last few yards and walk onto a large rock and there is this beautiful waterfall out in middle of nowhere. It is all worth it as you get your camera and tripod out and start photographing the waterfall.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor