To get to the Upper Falls waterfall on Big Run River is a bit an adventure in itself. First need to go into the mountains to the small town of Thomas in West Virginia. From there you take a Rt 72 toward Parsons West Virginia. About half way to Parsons you turn off on dirt road going to an old fire tower. The dirt road is usually in good condition but couple miles in you turn left onto a dirt road that is more like a trail. If you don't have a four wheel drive and high clearance you need to turn around and go back.
About 5 miles on this road there is a picnic table someone hauled back into the woods. This is where you park and start walking. Walk about one mile until you come to bank of the Big Run River. You climb about 30 yards down a bank holding onto branches and roots. Slid down the last few yards and walk onto a large rock and there is this beautiful waterfall out in middle of nowhere. It is all worth it as you get your camera and tripod out and start photographing the waterfall.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor