In mid-October 2021, I spent a glorious week in the Charlevoix region with friends; we were all there to capture the autumn beauty with our cameras. One morning, we were on top of the Charlevoix Massif, a well-known ski resort. From the top of one of the ski runs is a panoramic view of the St-Laurence River. At 08:10, I took a shot that was published on my LPM portfolio.
Four minutes later, I turned and looked in the opposite direction and was struck by the beautiful scene. All the autumn colors were present, the native trees in beautiful swathes of reds, oranges and golds, contrasting with the deep green of the conifers. Handheld, I took the shot using my long focal lens to capture the image. To compose the picture, I used a 128mm focal length. As usual, to have a perfect histogram, I overexposed by 1 stop.
Looking at this scene reminds me of the autumn glories; I must return to Charlevoix!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor