This picture was captured on Thimbleberry Farm (our farm in Northern Virginia) on 22 December 2022. It is one work in my collection of highly photorealistic depictions of certain landscapes on our farm that are taken from the same spot in each of the four major seasons.
The theme of this collection is to capture the same scenes taken from the same vantage point and to marvel at how each season evokes a different set of emotions. In this photo, we watch in wonder as autumn has gently curved from the long sunny, sweaty days of summer to the short, cold, sterile, holiday-strewn stretch of early Winter.
The picture has only minor editing, generally limited to color balance, cropping, white balance and saturation. The heavy snowfall and color desaturation evoke a sense of winter and bitter cold.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor