This picture was captured on Thimbleberry Farm (our farm in Northern Virginia) on 22 December 2022. It is one work in my collection of highly photorealistic depictions of certain landscapes on our farm that are taken from the same spot in each of the four major seasons.
The theme of this collection is to capture the same scenes taken from the same vantage point and to marvel at how each season evokes a different set of emotions. In this photo, we watch in wonder as autumn has gently curved from the long sunny, sweaty days of summer to the short, cold, sterile, holiday-strewn stretch of early Winter.
The picture has only minor editing, generally limited to color balance, cropping, white balance and saturation. The heavy snowfall and color desaturation evoke a sense of winter and bitter cold.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor