This location was a kind of last-minute decision to visit; I think it's fair to say some group members were a wee bit underwhelmed by the choice, shall we say, before we got there, but that was soon to change.
This is a telephoto lens location, which is something I really love using for Landscape Photography as it moves away from the traditional wide-angle shots and gives you a totally different perspective; within about 40 minutes of getting there, the weather just went crazy, huge dark storm clouds passing overhead with rain and snow showers over the mountains to the rear, at one point the mountains totally disappeared which is no mean feat given the size of the backdrop!
This shot was the result of being set up and just watching the weather change; in this instance, the backdrop and lighthouse remained in a tiny spotlight of light from the South West whilst all around was plunged into gloom, brilliant to watch, even better with a camera.
I don't think any group member had a bad word to say about the location upon getting back to the car!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor