While the Great Smoky Mountains are spectacular any time of year, autumn in particular can be especially magical. On this chilly October dawn, fog had settled in the valleys overnight, and the mountains, cloaked with colorful orange, yellow and red, foliage rose up from the fog. As the first blush of sunrise graced the mountains and colored the clouds orange, I used my telephoto lens to isolate the most colorful ridges of the mountain, and captured the photo seen here.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor