The Mule Ears are two volcanic peaks that represent one of the most recognizable landmarks of the Big Bend National Park. They can be seen from different areas.
This photo was taken from an area next to the Mule Ears spring trail parking lot. That location is best at sunset because the light creates some contrast.
I was hoping for some clouds, but only a faint clue existed. I took this image thinking of converting it to monochrome from the beginning. I have used a moderate telephoto lens to highlight the structure of the peaks and the desert.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor