I have been to Babcock State Park in West Virginia many times. I was told about a swinging bridge there, but had never seen it. After shooting the traditional grist mill shots that morning, I set out to find it. It is a short bridge, tucked away deep in the woods. When I first approached it I was shooting from the far end in this image. It was ok, but didn't have the wow factor. I looked behind me and saw the yellow tree! So I went across the bridge and shot from that end. The tree is perfectly placed in the center of the bridge. Glad I took the time to look for this bridge. It does feel a bit weird when you walk across it though!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor