It had been a hot summer, and I was itching to get out of town. I had camped in the area several times, but I wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Brooks Lake Campground in Dubois, Wyoming.
I arrived around 1 pm. It was sweltering hot with little shade. Brooks Lake sits in Shoshone National Forest, nestled between Sublette Peak and Pinnacle Buttes. Bugs swarmed around the small campground. Clouds dipped behind the surrounding mountain peaks. A gentle breeze did little to cool the air, but I didn't care. My cell phone had no signal for the first time in months, and I had nothing to do but watch the clouds.
The Pinnacle Buttes are in the Togwotee Group of the Absaroka Mountain Range of Wyoming. I sat for hours enjoying the summer air and watching the clouds dance behind the peaks. As the evening grew on, the sun dipped behind Sublette Peak. The soft evening light set the Pinnacle Buttes aglow.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor