We made special arrangements with the Park Ranger to enter the White Sands National Park before sunrise. He met us at the entrance gate at 6 AM so we could capture the first light of day falling on the sand dunes. We had scoped at the dunes the day before noting locations of interest with our hand held GPS device so we could return in the dark the following morning. We were rewarded with the soft first light of day as we explored the park to ourselves. This image was made just as the snow was still below the horizon, so there is warm tones in the sky and cool tones on the landscape.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor