Challand-Saint-Victor is the Val d’Ayas first municipality travelling to Champoluc, Valle d'Aosta, Italy. It rises to 765 meters above sea level, and it is fragmented into numerous hamlets, all to be rediscovered and enjoys a dry climate sheltered from the winds, mild all year round. This photo was taken while descending from the Chatillonet hamlet towards Isollaz along the number 8 path from the S.Anna chapel among enchanted woods, green meadows and cherry trees.
As we descended towards Corliod, the sky became more cloudy in an atmosphere still beautiful in Nature’s love and a wonderful silence all around. The photograph shows Mont Avic in the background, a peak between Champdepraz and Chambave, which gives its name to the homonymous park. The image, taken with a Nikon D5200 with an 18-55 mm lens, did not require further underexposure; it was easy to use the landscape scene mode. However, even the Programm mode is not entirely advisable with variable weather and poor light as you risk getting a too dark landscape.
I suggest undertaking this photographic journey in the spring months, after the heaviest snowfalls, when Nature awakens and fills us with these sublime and romantic landscapes. In this hamlet, Verval, you will have the opportunity to photograph woods, trees and mountains and appreciate delightful little churches with renowned frescoes and medieval art: the Roman bridges, bridges dating back to the medieval era and the small S.Giacomo Maggiore church in Isollaz and discovering, therefore, enchanting landscapes and places of art and intense mysticism. How many emotions the Valle D'Aosta offers, there is always so much to observe, photograph and tell.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor