In March 2020, while the world was slowly shutting down around me, I was on sabbatical in Brazil. Some locals told me about a great spot to watch the sunset near Sugarloaf Mountain. I was the only tourist for miles, and as I watched the sun spill its warmth and colours over Christ the Redeemer, I felt blessed in a way I only feel when I am travelling. Like I'm home, but in a place I've only just discovered.
The light that night was perfect - there were enough clouds to add depth to the sky but not enough to block the pinks and oranges beaming from the sky. All around me, people were drinking cold beer and laughing as the week morphed into weekend. Christ the Redeemer stood tall on his mountain, watching over the Marvelous City.
I didn't know it at the time, but this would be the last Friday night that I spent in public, mask free, without a care in the world. And yet, somehow, this image brings me hope. Every day the sun rises and sets, no matter what is going on in the world. Which is what a lot of us have been doing, regardless of our struggles. We rise and we set, every day. It's not easy, but there is still beauty in the world if you look for it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor