Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Kubota Garden is one of my favorite local places to visit and photograph, especially in fall, when the Japanese maples and other trees are blazing with autumn color. But one thing I've always wanted to do was to photograph the garden in winter with fresh blanket of snow. I saw an image of the snowy garden in winter in a book I had years ago and that vision has been in my head ever since.
Seattle rarely gets any significant snow fall, but last winter, I finally had my chance. I quickly drove to the garden to see what things looked like. It was actually still snowing heavily and the place was transformed into a winter wonderland.
I got several images I liked, but this image of one of my favorite maples in the garden really stood out to me. An experience I won't soon forget.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor