In mid-October 2023, my friends Wendy and Monique invited me to scout in the Eastern Townships of Quebec to discover its beauty during autumn. Before leaving home, the weather forecast for the area was not good, with a 90% probability of rain.
Notwithstanding the soggy day ahead, we decided to take a chance. It rained all day.
While driving on Dunham main road, I spotted these gorgeous lines and the intense Autumn colors, so I stopped the car and parked safely on the side of the road. The image contained a combination of wonderful lines, curves, colors, and contrast, all created by the harvesting farmer. The lines and the track guide the eye to the beautiful forest in the background. I realized that fall foliage trees surrounded the whole field.
Handheld, I used a 58mm focal length to compose the image. As usual, to have a perfect histogram (ETTR), I had overexposed by 0.7 stop.
Even with rainy and cloudy conditions, I kept more than 60 of the many images I took of this beautiful region. So, if a friend invites you to discover a new area one day, don't hesitate!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor